Danish Painter/Sculptor/Ceramicist Sjulle is in the bar today!
Our Guest Artist: Sjulle
Our Host Artist: Carol McQuaid www.carolmcquaidart.com
Our Bar: A Classic Nyhaven Pub in Copenhagen!
Today we’re sitting canal side at a cool pub in one of the coloured houses of Nyhavn, talking with Danish artist Sjulle. Her wild, abstracted faces in paint, ceramic and sculpture totally captivated me on her Instagram feed. When we met at the bar she was just as wild, beautiful and interesting as her work. I’m so glad we had this chance to meet.
Now follow me down the Nyhavn and pull up to our pub table as we talk about roaming the world, choosing a career in art, dealing with some of the surprising stress that can come with leaving the 9-5 world and building a happy, successful life full of creativity and self expression.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Growing up in the north of Denmark
- Getting the travel bug and traveling the world
- Art education in Denmark and the Folk High School system
- The surprising stress that you experience when you leave the 9-to-5 world behind and how she dealt with it
- Avoiding being ‘inspired’ by other artist’s work to keep your expression pure
- The realities of studio space, getting your work out there, and our mutual fantasy about having an art manager to do all the non-arty admin stuff
- Painting/performing at live art events
Follow Sjulle on
- instagram @sjulleart
Follow our Podcast on
Follow our Host on
Join the Conversation!
One of my favorite parts of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations they spark. Share your feedback and favourite moments on social media, and in the comments section of each episode page.
And remember, if you love the episode, head to the webpage where you can bit.ly/buyusaround
Where to find Two Artists Podcast
- Website: www.twoartistswalkintoabar.com
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/2artistspodcast
- Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @2artistpodcast
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/2artistsyoutube
- email: email@example.com
Thanks for listening! Cheers