Etsy and Insta Fave Ingrid Sanchez, aka @creativeingrid is in the bar today!
Our Guest Artist: Ingrid Sanchez www.ingridsanchez.com
Our Host Artist: Carol McQuaid www.carolmcquaidart.com
Our Bar: The Hillgate Pub in London’s Notting Gate http://www.thehillgate.com/
The podcast is taking a big turn this week as we cross over the Atlantic! For the next couple of months I’ll be walking into bars with artists all over, starting in London, with Etsy and Instagram Fave Ingrid Sanchez. You probably know her as CreativeIngrid,
Listen in as Ingrid and I talk about finding your thing, building a good social media and online sales platform, and what it’s like to get a bump from buzzfeed.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- How she got started on Instagram
- Getting featured on Buzzfeed “that was the little event that changed absolutely everything”
- Living in New York and starting out as an artist, why she began painting in the floor and what the advantages of that are.
- How her art biz works: websites, etsy, and business that comes through social media. No galleries.
- We talk subject matter, and how a trip to the Brooklyn floral market changed everything for her
- How attending workshops can shift or even start a career (scroll down to resources for her recommendation)
- How to get started in art licensing, creating fabric pillows and downloadable art
- We talk about what makes a good Etsy shop, and how you need to present a clear voice.
- Her studio work shops; who comes and what they learn (caution, listening to this part might make you want to book a trip to London for a workshop)
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Ingrid`s etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/CreativeIngrid
- New York workshop Ingrid recommends: Helen Dealtry https://helendealtry.com/
- Red featuring Alfred Molina; the West End Theatre Production about Rothko http://www.wyndhamstheatre.co.uk/
- The Tate https://www.tate.org.uk/
Follow Ingrid on
Follow our Podcast on
Follow our Host on
Join the Conversation!
One of my favorite parts of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations they spark. Share your feedback and favourite moments on social media, and in the comments section of each episode page.
And remember, if you love the episode, head to the webpage where you can bit.ly/buyusaround
Where to find Two Artists Podcast
- Website: www.twoartistswalkintoabar.com
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/2artistspodcast
- Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @2artistpodcast
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/2artistsyoutube
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Cheers